Democracy Works Foundation (DWF) strengthens Resilient Democracy in Southern Africa. Resilient Democracy is inclusive, equitable, and sustainable consensus democracy. We strengthen resilient democracy through 5 programmatic areas of work: monitoring democracy, strengthening institutions and systems, training democrats and leaders, strengthening democratic culture and we work on governance and climate change. With headquarters in South Africa, DWF works through its country offices to provide tools to develop resilient democracies. We operate across several Programmatic areas.
DWF South Africa office is looking for expert consultants (or a team of consultants) who have experience working with CSOs, local government, and who have knowledge of the climate change space:
- A consultant (or team) to provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to CSO partners.
- A consultant (or team) to develop curricula on the broader overall theme of “Strategic Communication and Negotiations”.
- A consultant (or team) who will develop curricula on participating in climate change budget and resource-related decision making.
- A consultant (or team) who will develop a baseline assessment in municipalities that are relevant to the project.
- A consultant (or team) to develop two curricula on the broader overall theme of “Climate Change and Municipal Management”.
To learn more about these calls, please click on the relevant link below:
Terms of Reference – FIGCCC Mentoring and coaching
Terms of Reference – FIGCCC Comms Expert
Terms of Reference – FIGCCC Budget Expert TOR
Terms of Reference – FIGCCC M&E Expert TOR
Terms of Reference – FIGCCC Local Govmnt Expert TOR
Individuals or teams of consultants may apply by sending the following to email@example.com, clearly indicating in the subject line of your email which call you are responding to.
- A technical proposal with a brief description of why the individual/team is suitable for the assignment and a proposed approach to the task.
- A 3-page CV for each consultant, indicating educational background/professional qualifications, previous experience and contact details (email and telephone number) for 3 references
- Financial proposal or budget that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs.
Submissions must reach us before 16h00 on Sunday, 28 August 2022, to be considered.
Only those shortlisted will be notified for interviews. DWF will hold interviews virtually using MS Teams, applicants must ensure that they are familiar with this platform and have a stable internet connection.
If you have not heard from us within two (2) weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.